This project was designed and constructed for the 2007 Street of Dreams. It featured elegant and comfortable outdoor spaces that can be enjoyed both day and night.
It showcased environmentally friendly features that fit in well with the natural area that surrounded the development. Among them were a rain garden and permeable paving. These features allow water to drain into the soil slowly and filter out pollutants before they reach streams and Puget Sound.
Sustainable garden features include:
- Rain garden and permeable paving to reduce and filter rainwater runoff
- Meadow seeded with native wildflowers and grasses to attract wildlife
- Certified as Backyard Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mason bee boxes to encourage pollinators
- Organic soil amendments and mulch
- Efficient pump to help minimize power use