This project was designed and constructed for the 2007 Street of Dreams. It received many awards, including most livable home, best landscape, most environmentally conscious home, best outdoor living landscape, best craftsmanship and best in show. The home was the first LEED certified home in Snohomish County and received a Five Star Certification rating from Built Green and NAHB Model Green Home Building Guidelines.
The garden included a Living Wall, a water feature that was constructed for interaction with people, large outdoor living areas, gorgeous dry and mortared stack stone walls, hand-cut dimensional bluestone entryways and a large mortared dimensional slate back patio and walkway.
Sustainable garden features include:
- Permeable paving to reduce and filter rainwater runoff
- Meadow seeded with native wildflowers and grasses to attract wildlife
- Certified as Backyard Wildlife Sanctuary
- Mason bee boxes to encourage pollinators
- Organic soil amendments and mulch
- Drought-tolerant landscape that required no irrigation
- Efficient pump in water feature to help minimize power use