An organic-based approach is a return to working with nature instead of against it. Many landscaping and gardening techniques are based on pesticide use. People use pesticides to fight a war against garden diseases and problem insects.
This approach harms the environment while losing the war.
- Diseases and insects develop resistance to pesticides.
- Farmers are using more pesticides, but crop loss due to insects continues to grow.
- Pesticides may also harm children, streams and fish.
Organic gardeners and farmers work in alliance with nature instead of against it. Healthy soil is the foundation. Good soil is rich in organic matter and microbes that promote strong plant growth.
In Harmony’s approach is based in organic methods. Our focus is:
- Building healthy soil with compost, compost tea, minerals and similar products.
- Boosting the strength and vitality of our gardens to create healthier, more disease-resistant plants, trees and grasses.